2010-2011 Season Schedule
ROCO IN CONCERT – the full 40-piece chamber orchestra with guest artists in concert
- Season Opener, featuring JoAnn Falletta conducting Mendelssohn’s Symphony #3, Ligeti’s Concerto Romanesc, and the world premiere of Scott McAllister’s Rhapsodie for String Bass and Chamber Orchestra performed by ROCO principal bass, Sandor Ostlund
Saturday, Oct 16, 5pm at The Church of St. John the Divine, with ROCOrooters*Tickets are $25, $10 for students with valid student ID
Sunday, Oct 17, 7 pm, at First Presbyterian Church of Kingwood
- Conductorless Valentine’s Concert is filled with romance and surprises: Haydn’s Surprise Symphony #94, Dvorak Serenade, and some surprise pieces
Saturday, Feb 12, 5pm, at The Church of St. John the Divine, with ROCOrooters*Tickets are $25, $10 for students with valid student IDSunday, Feb 13, 5pm Valentine’s Concert and Dinner at The Houstonian Hotel
- Season Finale featuring Robert Moody conducting Beethoven’s Symphony No. 7, Symphony No. 1 by Dean Jose Antonio Bowen from SMU Meadows School of the Arts, and the Copland Clarinet Concerto, performed by principal clarinet, Nathan Williams
Saturday, Apr 9, 5pm at The Church of St. John the Divine, with ROCOrooters*
Tickets are $25, $10 for students with valid student IDSunday, Apr 10, 6:30, at Bayou Bend Collection and GardensTickets are $25, $10 for students with valid student ID
*ROCOrooters music education/childcare program runs during and after each concert at The Church of St. John the Divine. Register online at roco.org.
ROCO “MUSIC TASTINGS” – fun, interactive evenings of delicious music paired with fine food and drink
- Tuesday, Sep 21 – Beer & Brass at St. Arnold Brewery, featuring a trombone trio led by Brian Logan, 6-8 pm, $20 per person. ROCO will launch a Call for Amateur Musicians to sign up for the ROCO Pro-Am Chamber Music Program at this event.
- Sunday, Oct 10 – ROCO welcomes back Alastair Willis, who will conduct the world premiere of original compositions by Anthony Brandt and Jefferson Todd Frazier at the Buckyball Gala celebrating Rice University Smalley Institute’s “The Year of NANO” 7:00-9:00 pm at the Hyatt Downtown.
ROCO SOLO – individual ROCO musicians in solo concerts
Dowling Music presents ROCO in The Recital Room: a series of Sunday afternoon concerts by ROCO soloists. All performances are 2:15-4pm, at The Recital Room at Dowling Music, 2615 Southwest Freeway #220. Admission is free, and families are welcome.
- Sunday, September 26 – Richard Belcher, cello
- Sunday, November 14 – Jennifer Keeney, flute
- Sunday, January 23 – Matthew McClung, percussion
- Sunday, February 27 – Danielle Kuhlmann, horn
- Sunday, March 27 – Amy Thaiville, violin
- Sunday, April 24 – Kristin Wolfe Jensen, bassoon
Additional information, schedule updates, and tickets are available at www.roco.org