Dear ROCO Supporter,
Founded in 2005 on the core value of access, ROCO cultivates relationships between our audience and musicians and is dedicated to creating a welcoming and inclusive concert experience. We build this intimate rapport through simple but transformative initiatives, such as having the house lights up to create a shared space, keeping ticket prices low, performing in a variety of unusual venues all over Houston, and offering free live streaming to the world. Over the years, our reach has blossomed through partnerships and collaborations, creating unique opportunities and connections with Houston’s diverse population.
Thanks to your generosity, we have been able to:
- Provide hundreds of free tickets each year to organizations such as VetTex and Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Share DVDs of concerts and bring live music to over a dozen nursing homes, retirement communities, and hospitals such as The Hallmark, MD Anderson Cancer Center, and Texas Children’s Hospital
- Offer braille, large print, and audio versions of our concert programs for blind and visually impaired individuals in collaboration with The Lighthouse of Houston.
- Welcome adults on the autism spectrum to engage with ROCO in a sensory-friendly atmosphere through our partnership with Spectrum Fusion
- Engage in relationship-drive educational opportunities including offering the music merit badge for the Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council, and a multi-year music lessons, masterclass instruction, and leadership residency with the band program at Sharpstown High School, a Title I school.
By making a gift to ROCO’s Annual Fund, you will support our Access initiative, ensuring that we are able to continue providing a wide variety of experiences and unparalleled access to our professional musicians.